Saturday, July 18, 2009

Anniversary Gift Set

My husband and I got a last minute invitation to a surprise anniversary party. Since my husband took the call, I didn't get any details. He said we were to bring Hot Dogs and Buns, he wasn't sure if we were to bring a dessert too or not, he just said some of the ladies were also bringing dessert. Of course he doesn't ask any questions.

This is a party given to a pastor and his wife by their church and it's going to be a weiner roast. That's all I know. Sometimes when they have parties like this, they will tell you - no gift, just a card - sometimes they do have gifts. Since I wanted to be safe instead of sorry and totally embarrassed, I decided I needed to have a gift.

Now we got the phone call yesterday evening about 5:30. My daughters had been here for lunch that day, my house was a mess, and my grandson decided he didn't want to go home and take a nap, he wanted to stay here and take a nap with granny. So I didn't even get to start on this until about 9:00 last night because I had to put my stamp room back in order (long story short I had no power to any of my electrical outlets in just my stamp room and I had to take things out of cabinets so we could move them to check outlets).

So anyway here is what I came up with. I saw this box made on a Stampin' Up video. The box measures about 6.25 x 6.25 and is about 2.75 deep. I made the box with the retired paper Parisian Breeze and Chocolate Chip cardstock. I also used the border punch on mine which I think really adds to it.

I made the tag on top from the stamp set Baroque Motifs. I used the retired Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy. The ribbon is not Stampin' Up, they don't sell this kind of ribbon anymore.
I hit the ribbon with my heat gun, which is a fun technique to do, and it just kind of curls up your ribbon. You have to be real careful not to burn all the way through the ribbon though.

And lastly, I made a card and matching envelope using the same colors: Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Chocolate Chip. The only thing I don't like is that I used Very Vanilla Cardstock to stamp on, and I only had Whisper White envelopes on hand, so they don't match. Hopefully that won't stand out to much.



When it came time to stamp the inside of the card I realized that I didn't have any anniversary sentiments other than "Happy Anniversary" and the one shown in the card. I'm definitely going to have to buy me some.


And for the gift itself, I made a tile with my Cricut and vinyl. I used the Chocolate Chip Vinyl sold by Stampin' Up and the tile can be bought at any place like Menard's or Lowe's. For some reason, I can't upload the tile on this post, so I will post it separately.

Thanks for looking,

Kim

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...