Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Poppin Pastels


The very first technique that I learned at my very first workshop was the "Poppin Pastels". I had no intention of buying the chalks until I saw this technique. Then of course I had to add a Versamark pad also.

Next week I am doing a workshop for a group of ladies who are new to the world of stamping and I've been trying to figure out some fun techniques to demonstrate. I wanted something that would "Wow" them, yet at the same time was something a beginner stamper could do. While surfing through some of my favorite blogs, I saw GinaK doing this technique on Stamp TV. And I thought this might do it. It certainly impressed me the first time.

While I don't think we will be making this card, I do think I will demonstrate something similar to this one. This card was made with the stamp set Bloomin Beautiful. I used Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, and Chocolate Chip cardstock. After adding a layer of Designer Series Paper to the first layer, I ran it all through the Big Shot using texture plates, then did a little sanding on the DSP.

To give it a little dimension, I stamped the main image twice, then after applying the chalks I cut them out. The first image I used the whole thing, the second image I just cut out a couple of the individual flowers then popped them all up with Stampin' Dimensionals. What do you think, will this be a good card to demonstrate?

Thanks for looking,
Kim

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...