Sunday, January 2, 2011

Something Old and Something New...

I bet you thought you were going to get a wedding card didn't you?

Well actually the box is something old in that I made it several months ago and I never posted it.  Then I saw a card similar to this one while blurfing (that's blog surfing) and decided to make one yesterday.







So here's the details.  The box is actually made with the fabric from the Holiday Mini.  I attached it to a piece of white cardboard (the stuff that comes in your Designer Paper packages). then ran it through my Big Shot using the Scalloped Envelope Die.  It takes 4 of these to make the box.  Then not wanting to waste any of the fabric, I took the scrap pieces and ran it through my Butterfly die.  So now I have several fabric covered butterflies that I'm sure you will see on other projects.  The card itself is very simple.  I ran Very Vanilla cardstock through the new Tulip Embossing Folder.  I sponged a little bit of Always Artichoke ink on the raised part and stamped the sentiment (from Flight of the Butterfly set) in Cherry Cobbler ink.  Used a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals to attach the butterfly and there you have it.

Thanks for looking,

Kim

4 comments:

Renee said...

very elegant and beautiful. Hugz n blessings.

Nicole said...

Love these projects, Kim! Great idea to adhere the fabric to chipboard!

Patty Mickle said...

I love your projects!!

The Country Rose said...

These are both gorgeous!!! I love that you used fabric to make the box and the butterfly! Ingenious!

Barb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...