Saturday, May 31, 2008

Before and After

I have been trying to re-organize my stamp room. I wish I could clean my room like I clean my closets. I take everything out, sort through it, then put almost all of it right back. But it always looks roomier after you organize it. I just have to much heavy stuff to do that with my stamp room. So I'm taking small sections at a time.


The first thing I have tackled is my computer desk where I do almost all my stamping. As you can see from the before picture, it was a mess. The ladies in my stamp club think I'm so neat. I try to tell them I only clean my room once a month before they come. The rest of the time it looks like this.


I tried to place things so that they were handier. I moved my inks from on top of a filing cabinet to the top of my desk, so now I just have to stand up to reach them. I set my printer docks on the filing cabinet. I'm hoping with them setting out all the time, I will be more likely to print pictures. I may even scrapbook a few of them. I also threw away some scraps and some 1/2 finished projects that I had started.

On the left middle shelf I have my markers, tape, blender pens and stapler. On the bottom left I have a caddy that holds my aquapainters, scissors, glue pens, mini dots, sponge daubers, stamping mist and lots of other small items. I got this at hobby lobby, it was less than $10.

On the right at the very top you see my inks. To the left of those is wooden holder for cd's or movies. I use it to hold the most current stamp sets that I use. To the right on the 1st shelf, I have my tins: Accents & Elements, Fusion Flowers, Pretties Kit, Crop-a-dile and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The second shelf has my caddy for the buttons, elelets and brads. In the back are my prismacolor pencils. On the bottom shelf, I have my background stamps and a couple of sets that have my favorite sentiments in them.

I still have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do, but at least I have started. I'm hoping this will help me to do more stamping. My goal is to make at least one card a night. Even if it is a super simple card or even a duplicate of one I have already made. So far I have managed to make one card the last three evenings. I will post them tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...