Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day of Gratitude

I know I have neglected my blog the last few months, but what can I say life gets in the way.  My daughter and the grandkids came home to visit on Monday and stayed until Thursday and I didn't get on the computer other than to check emails.  We had a great visit.  Jess even took me to get a pedicure on Tuesday while the boys were visiting with their other grandma.  That was a new experience for me, but it was a lot of fun.  Brandy my oldest daughter met us and spent the afternoon with us too.  We even did a little shopping and I bought the grandkids their first Christmas present. 

Wednesday Brandy and my granddaughter Hydi came over for the evening so we had a houseful.  The grandkids had a great time playing together.  My sister-in-law was here also and we talked about how it reminded us of us when our kids were small and we would all pile in at my Mom's house.  We had 8 kids between us at that time and they were literally stairstepped.  All of them were a year or less apart.

I've also spent quite a bit of time on Skype the last few days.  Jess got a new laptop Friday and we have been visiting online quite a bit.  It's fun to be able to see the grandkids as well as talk to them.

Then Saturday, I went to a downline meeting.  It was a good time.  It's great to be able to get together with other women who are as nuts about stamping as you are.  What's really cool about the downline meeting is this isn't even my upline or sideline.  They just "adopted" me. 

Next week is pretty busy also as we start revival Monday at our church.  But I'm looking forward to it.  As you can see, I have had a lot to be grateful for lately.

So that kind of catches us up on the last week, so now on to the card.

This is one of the cards that we made at stamp club in September.  It uses the Autumn Spice DSP and the Day of Gratitude stamp set.  I really like this layout and I love using the linen thread on the buttons.  Just that little extra adds so much to a card I think.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

11 comments:

Kathy W said...

lovely fall card, I agree sometimes life gets in the way of stamping- but life is more important stamps will always be there

Patti said...

Very pretty card for the fall. Very understandable how life seems to interfere with your creativity and keep you away from your "work".

Christyne said...

How fun! I'm featuring this stamp set on my blog this week...come visit!

Julie Gearinger said...

Great card- love the layout and colors! Thanks for sharing and it sounds like you had a great time with your family :-)

Terry said...

Life happens. :-)
Cute card.

I'm following you from SC now.

Terry #250
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

AnnMarie said...

Beautiful! Following along from VA! :)

Amanda said...

Love your card! It sound like you do have many things to be thankful for!

Juliet said...

beautiful colors!! new follower from SC

Juliet
http://julietscrazyblog.blogspot.com/

dinnae said...

i'm a new follower from sc too! :)

dinnae
http://www.nutz4stamps.com

Dany said...

what a lovely fall card! I love that set, and am regretting not getting it now. Fabulous job!

Jana O'Brien said...

Just beautiful! The layout works so well with this set.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...