Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cards Made From the Reject Box

Sometimes I will start a card, and it doesn't quite go the way I plan. And since I can't stand to throw anything away, I will toss it in my "reject box". Sometimes this is an embellishment, a focal point, or even the cardbase.

The other night my internet was down, and since I couldn't browse around SCS, I decided to use up some of the items in my "reject box". And here they are..........


This card was pretty well done, except I hated the center piece. I had originally used the paisley stamp from the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set, but it just wasn't working for me. So I tore if off and used one of the new stamps from Sale-a-Bration. I added a little paper piercing in the corner and faux stitching using the stamp from All In a Row. I think it's ready to send now.



For the next card I pulled the flower image out of my box. This flower was colored using the Stampin Up Metallic Pencils and was my first try at the Gamasol Magic technique. It took me a while to decide what colors to use with this, but I really like the Chocolate Chip, So Saffron and Bravo Burgundy.


This next card was one of my first attempts at using the new Groovy Guava In-color. I had the cardbased all stamped, but then I didn't know what to do with it so into the reject box it went. I found this layout on one of the blogs I visit (can't remember which one) and thought this would work. I still think it needs something. I wish I had my new Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon when I was working on this. I think it would have stood out better than the Groovy Guava Ribbon. Plus I shouldn't have left so much space between the flower and ribbon, but at least after several months it is finally done.

This card was made with a stamp I bought in a LSS in Branson Mo. It was a really cool store. Most LLS seem to be scrapbooking oriented with some stamping stuff thrown in, this one was just the opposite. And they had a ton of display boards. I took a lot of pictures. Too bad we lost my husbands new digital camera before we got home and could get them downloaded. They had a lot of these stamps that leave a space for you to fill in, usually with flowers or leaves. I colored this in with Twinkling H2O's, so it is very sparkly in real life. I also went over the flowers with my Stardust Pen that I purchased at the same store.

For this last card, I had used the Gamasol technique and Stampin Up colored pencils to color in the rose. I saw a card on SCS that was very similar to this layout and thought it would be perfect for my lonely flower. So one more scrap found its way out of my reject box.

Hope you have enjoyed my "rejects".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...