Friday, October 5, 2007

Quilt Block Card


I haven't posted anything in quite a while. I haven't had a lot of time to stamp lately. I hope I can catch up on some things this weekend.


Here is a card I made for the Limited Supply Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. It's a quilt block card. This is as close to quilting as I will probably ever get, although my mom made some really beautiful quilts.


To make the card, I took a 3 3/4 square piece of natural ivory cardstock and scored it every 1 1/4". This just makes it easier to place your blocks. I then used Apple Cider designer paper and my 1 1/4" square punch and punched out 5 different designs. 2 of the designs I cut in half. Then just place your pieces according to the card. You might want to lay it out first so you can decide what looks best before gluing it all down.


In the corner of the block I stamped the leaf image from Refuge and Strength in Sahara Sand, then stamped the saying over it in Really Rust. The block is layered on Really Rust cardstock then attached to Wild Wasabi cardstock. I took a strip of the Apple Cider paper and ran it through the buckle which is punched out of Choc. Chip cardstock. I used my white gel pen and made little lines around all the squares so it would look like it was quilted. For those who can run a sewing machine, you could actually stitch it. And there you have it. It took a lot longer to design the card then to make it. I could probably repeat this card in less than ten minutes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...