Monday, August 16, 2010

A Wonderful Teacher







Here is the card I made using the Beary Bright Sizzlet Die. I used it to cut out all the apples on the tree. This is for Ryan to give to his new preschool teacher - got to get a few brownie points in.

The sentiment is from a new set that is in the Holiday Mini called Seasons of Hugs. It it part of the Build-a-Bear line and it has a lot of cute images in it. The whole sentiment says "To a Beary Wonderful Teacher", but since I didn't use the bears on this card, I just used my marker to get the part I wanted.

I'm not sure if you can tell from the picture or not, but the apple down in the corner was cut out of Fun Foam. The sizzlet dies can easily cut the Fun Foam since it has some give to it, but I would not recommend it for other materials since it is only supposed to be used with paper and cardstock.

I finished the card with a little stitching using my Janome Sew Mini - had to knock some cobwebs off of it first, LOL! My whole stamp room has been sadly neglected this summer until last week. Anyway I hope you like the card.

Thanks for looking,
Kim

7 comments:

Christyne said...

OMGosh! What a cute idea! My kids don't start school for another couple of weeks so I think I'll be CASEing this as part of my back to school goodies for the teacher. TFS.

Kathy W said...

great card, need to check out build a bear stuff more carefully- missed this

kat said...

Toooo cute, love the sewing very nice touch.

Dany said...

What a great card, and such a nice idea too. I think I will have to case this idea for when DS starts school in 16 days!

The Country Rose said...

This is one of my favorite stamps to use with the BABW dies!! I love your idea to use the apples from Beary Bright Sizzlit. I haven't gotten the new BABW dies yet, but hope to soon. I LOVE BABW :D

Barb

Lois said...

CUTE!!!! Love the use of fun foam. Great teacher card. I bet you'll get alot of brownie points for this card!

Crystal said...

What a clever idea! Great card, tfs! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...