Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trying to get back on track...

I haven't posted any new cards lately because for one, I haven't been stamping lately and for two, I have been spending as much time outside as I can.


The weather here has been great. We have had some rain and a few cool days, but over all the last few weeks have been really nice. I have been working in my flower beds - weeding, mulching, pruning bushes, that kind of thing. I have also been trying to do a little spring cleaning around here. I have 3 rooms done so far.


So stamping hasn't been a big priority here lately. I know before long the hot summer days will set in and I will be ready to just stay inside in the A/C, so I want to take advantage of the nice weather while I can.


I have also started walking and we have had several events at church that I have helped with so that also has taken up some time. And we are coming to the close of our Seeker's Program so there is a lot of things to be done for the End-of-the-Year Cookout and Store that we have for the kids.


BUT, I did finally get around to taking some pictures of the cards we made at my last "playdate" with my friend Terri. This first one is a card that I created using the bee cased from Andrea Walford's blog. I did simplify my bee a bit. I didn't make a stinger for the bee or shape his head, I kept mine simple.


I hope you like it and check back this week for some more cards from the playdate.


Thanks for looking,

Kim

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your bee, Kim! The eyes just make him so cute! Love how you used the scallop corner punch on this card too! Keep enjoying that beautiful weather! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

Shari Winterstein said...

This is so cute. Thanks for bringing a smile to my face and blessing my day! :)

Kathy W said...

I can't blame you wanting to get fresh air vs. stamping! tfs the bee, I haven't seen this one yet

The Country Rose said...

Cute, cute, cute little bee!! It is pretty hard to stay inside when the weather is so beautiful- especially after a long winter! Enjoy each day to its fullest!

Barb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...